GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT
We are grateful to everyone who chooses to spend time with us at OdySea Aquarium. We want all guests, team members, and animals to have a great time while creating a safe and comfortable environment. Below are a few guidelines we expect all guests and team members to follow.
- Guests will be treated courteously by all OdySea Aquarium Team Members. Guests will treat all OdySea Aquarium Team Members courteously.
- We are a family friendly aquarium. Clothing that displays offensive or inappropriate language or images cannot be worn into the aquarium.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Disruptive behavior, damaging property, foul or abusive language, obscene gestures, harassing or aggressive behavior is not permitted in OdySea Aquarium.
- Please do not enter any restricted areas.
- Please do not throw objects, tap, knock, or bang on exhibit windows. Please do not feed the animals.
- Please do not use a flash when taking photos.
- Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass others in line, or exit the line and return to the same place for any reason.
- Please use head phones to play music in OdySea Aquarium.
If someone is acting inappropriately, being rude, or acting in an unsafe manner, OdySea Aquarium reserves the right to escort those individuals from OdySea Aquarium without a refund. If you see someone acting in this manner, please notify an OdySea Aquarium team member immediately or call 480-291-8232.
The following items are prohibited at OdySea Aquarium. All persons and bags are subject to search prior to entering OdySea Aquarium.
- Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons including firearms, ammunition, fireworks, water grenades (metal or plastic), or knives.
- Outside food, including alcoholic beverages or bottles.
- Coolers of any size.
- Photography accessories that could disrupt the guest experience. These accessories include but are not limited to selfie sticks or tripods. Flash and strobes are not permitted inside the Aquarium.
- Recreational devices with wheels, such as Segways, skateboards, hover boards, balance boards, scooters, inline skates, or shoes with built-in wheels.
- Pets or other animals, except for approved service animals (see pets or animals below). Service animals must be under the control of the owner at all times and must remain on a leash or harness at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride or enter certain attractions/areas.
- Straws or other small items are not allowed into OdySea Aquarium for safety of the animals.
- Balloons are not permitted into OdySea Aquarium for safety of the animals.
- Any other items that OdySea Aquarium determines to be suspicious, harmful, unsafe, or disruptive in general.
Pets or Animals
Pets or animals of any kind are not permitted at OdySea Aquarium. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, OdySea Aquarium permits service animals in the facility. Please refer to code 11-1024 “Service animals: rights of individuals with disabilities; violation; classification definitions” within Arizona State Legislature. The state of Arizona only recognizes dogs and miniature horses as service animals. Service animals must be under the control of the owner at all times and must remain on a leash or harness. OdySea Aquarium reserves the right to disallow a service animal from entering the building or certain areas within as defined in code 11-1024.
Outside Food and Coolers
Outside food and cooler(s) of any size are not permitted into OdySea Aquarium.
No refunds or exchanges will be issued. Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover are accepted. Unauthorized resale of ticket is prohibited. Entitles holder to single day admission. Bearer of the ticket grants OdySea Aquarium the right to use any film, video, or photographs of bearer for any purpose whatsoever without payment to bearer. Privileges can be revoked at any time by the discretion of management.
We allow single and double strollers and wagons inside the Aquarium. Strollers may be borrowed for a refundable usage fee of $50.00. Stroller inventory is available on a first come, first served basis at the Concierge Desk in the Aqua Lobby. Strollers cannot be reserved in advance.
OdySea Aquarium is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs may be borrowed for a refundable usage fee of $50.00. Wheelchair inventory is available on a first come, first served basis located at the Concierge Desk in the Aqua Lobby. Wheelchairs cannot be reserved in advance.
Pal’s vision is to create a national network of Pal Places by developing custom videos, digital guides, and on-site resources that enhance specific customer experiences for all guests, and particularly for families and individuals impacted by autism and related non-visible intellectual and developmental differences.
IBCCES CERTIFIED AUTISM CENTER
In July of 2019, the International Board of Credentialing and Continued Education Standards (IBCCES) announced that OdySea Aquarium is the first attraction – and aquarium – in Arizona to become a Certified Autism Center (CAC). The CAC designation, granted by IBCCES, means that visitors and families with children who have autism and other sensory differences can enjoy the best possible experience that caters to their needs. To achieve today’s CAC accreditation, OdySea Aquarium completed the critical training required by IBCCES to recognize the needs of guests on the spectrum and provide necessary facility options for this demographic.
Read the entire press release here.