We are grateful to everyone who chooses to spend time with us at OdySea Aquarium. We want all guests, team members, and animals to have a great time. Below are a few guidelines we expect all guests and team members to follow.
- Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass others in line, or exit the line and return to the same place for any reason. Guests exiting a line must go to the back of the line if they choose to return.
- We care deeply about our animals. Please do not throw objects, tap, knock, or bang on exhibit windows. Please do not use a flash when taking photos if noted on an exhibit or requested by OdySea Aquarium team members.
- Our Animal Care Specialists prepare restaurant quality meals specially designed for each animal. Please do not feed any of the animals.
- Please use head phones to play music in OdySea Aquarium.
If someone is acting inappropriately, being rude, or acting in an unsafe manner, OdySea Aquarium reserves the right to escort those individuals from OdySea Aquarium without a refund. If you see someone acting in this manner, please notify an OdySea Aquarium team member immediately.
The following items are prohibited at OdySea Aquarium. All persons and bags are subject to search prior to entering OdySea Aquarium.
- Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons including firearms, ammunition, fireworks, water grenades (metal or plastic), or knives.
- Outside food, including alcoholic beverages or bottles.
- Photography accessories that could disrupt the guest experience. These accessories include, but are not limited to selfie sticks or tripods. Flash and strobes are not permitted inside the Aquarium.
- Recreational devices with wheels, such as Segways, skateboards, hover boards, balance boards, scooters, inline skates, or shoes with built-in wheels.
- Pets or other animals, except for approved service animals (see pets or animals below). Service animals must be under the control of the owner at all times and must remain on a leash or harness at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride or enter certain attractions/areas.
- Straws or other small items are not allowed into OdySea Aquarium for safety of the animals.
- Any other items that OdySea Aquarium determines to be suspicious, harmful, unsafe, or disruptive in general.
Pets or Animals
Pets or animals of any kind are not permitted at OdySea Aquarium. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, OdySea Aquarium permits service animals in the facility. Please refer to code 11-1024 “Service animals: rights of individuals with disabilities; violation; classification definitions” within Arizona State Legislature. The state of Arizona only recognizes dogs and miniature horses as service animals. Service animals must be under the control of the owner at all times and must remain on a leash or harness. OdySea Aquarium reserves the right to disallow a service animal from entering the building or certain areas within as defined in code 11-1024.
Outside Food and Coolers
Outside food is not permitted into OdySea Aquarium, with the exception of small snacks for our youngest guests and those with food allergies. Coolers larger than 12" X 12" X 10" are not permitted into OdySea Aquarium. Alcoholic beverages and glass bottles of any kind are prohibited from entering OdySea Aquarium.
No refunds or exchanges will be issued. Cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Unauthorized resale of ticket is prohibited. Entitles holder to single day admission. Bearer of this ticket grants OdySea Aquarium the right to use any film, video, or photographs of bearer for any purpose whatsoever without payment to bearer. Privileges can be revoked at any time by the discretion of management.
We allow single and double strollers inside the Aquarium. We do not permit wagons in the facility. Strollers may be borrowed on a first come, first served basis at the Concierge Desk.
OdySea Aquarium is wheelchair accessible. There are a limited number of wheelchairs available on a first come, first serve basis located at the Concierge Desk in the Aqua Lobby. Wheelchairs cannot be reserved.
Pal’s vision is to create a national network of Pal Places by developing custom videos, digital guides, and on-site resources that enhance specific customer experiences for all guests, and particularly for families and individuals impacted by autism and related non-visible intellectual and developmental differences.