Encounter Fee: $19.95 | Annual Passholders: $14.95 | No General Admission Required
Shark University will bring you behind the scenes for a fun and educational lecture experience presented by the Animal Care Team. We have three exciting topics for Jaw-some July:
- July 11th – Sharks on the Move presented by OdySea Aquarium Curator, Lance Ripley
- Learn the attention to details needed for Shark Transports
- July 18th – Science and Cameras of Shark Week presented by conservationist Duncan Brake of Sharks4Kids
- Behind the Scenes look at what it takes to create and film a Shark Week special
- July 25th – Shark Evolution: Teeth Through Time presented by Animal Care Specialist Casey Brose
- Learn about hundreds of millions of years of shark evolution
After lecture, you will take a tour of Shark Waters, one of our largest exhibits, where you’ll step right up to the edge and see our sharks from above the water.
Lectures are 90 minutes to 2 hours and has a max capacity of 30 guests.
Lectures available July 11th, 18th, and 25th | 6:00 PM
In honor of Jawsome July and our celebration of sharks, $5.00 from each Jawsome July Encounter ticket will be donated to Shark Conservation and Education. OdySea Aquarium works closely with non-profit organizations such as Sharks4Kids and American Elasmobranch Society.
Q: How long is the encounter?
A: Each encounter is approximately 90 minutes – 2 hours long.
Q: How many people are on the encounter?
A: Encounters are limited to 30 participants.
Q: What kind of shoes should I wear?
A: The tour requires flat, closed-toe shoes to participate. Some areas of the tour require you to clean the bottom of your shoes before entering the next room.
Q: What about jewelry?
A: Hanging jewelry such as necklaces, earrings, and bracelets are not permitted as they can be a safety hazard to the animals.
Q: I’m a member or annual pass holder, how do I book my experience?
A: Click the Members & Passholders button to the right to reserve your spot.